As the biggest event of the Fall semester, all candidates and members are required to attend Meet the Professionals.
To be able to attend, you must register for the event on BizLink. “Meet the Professionals” is found under the events section in BizLink.
Once you have registered, be sure to pick your top 10 firms. There is no drop down box for this. You must click in the star located next to each of the companies that you’re interested in. The star is located on the right side of each employer listing.
Tips for the event:
- Dress code is business professional. If you have questions as to what is appropriate, ask one of our E-Board members. Anyone who is not in proper attire will be turned away. No exceptions.
- Even if a firm may not currently be what you’re interested in, keep your options open, and have a copy of your resume.
- Research the firms first! The event is for you to ask them questions, so come prepared with questions you may have for each firm.
- When talking to the firms, look into your camera every once in awhile. This will give the effect of eye contact to the firms.
- Wear a watch and put your phone away! You’ll want to keep track of the time, but phones are distracting.
More information about the event can be found using the link below:
Here, you will get meet representatives from firms and organizations such as the following past attendees in order to network and ask questions:
Andersen Tax Bonadio Group Brock, Schechter & Polakoff LLP Chiampou, Travis, Besaw & Kershner LLP Dansa & D’Arata, LLP Defense Contract Audit Agency Deloitte & Touche LLP Delware North Drescher & Malecki LLP EisnerAmper LLP Ernst & Young LLP Freed Maxick CPAs Friedman LLP GEICO Grassi & Co. Keybank KPMG Lougen, Valenti, Bookbinder & Weintraub Lumsden & McCormick LLP Marks Paneth, LLP New York State Comptroller Office PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP Raich, Ende, Malter & Co LLP Schunk, Wilson & Company Szymkowiak & Associates Tax Technologies Tronconi, Segarra & Associates US Treasury Wiley CPAexcel Xerox