“Meet the Professionals” is an opportunity for students to understand the many career opportunities that are available in the public, private, and governmental sectors of the accounting, finance, and MIS professions. Students have the chance to meet professionals from firms they may be interviewing with in the future. The event also marks the beginning of the annual recruiting process as you are introduced to our students. In the past, the response to this event has been extremely positive and rewarding to all in attendance.
This is a MANDATORY event for all BAP members and candidates as it is the premier networking event for UB’s School of Management. This even will be held on Wednesday, September 14th, 2016 at the University at Buffalo Center for Tomorrow located at 120 Center for Tomorrow, Amherst NY 14260. Professionals in attendance are asked to arrive at 5:00 pm in order to set up their table. Students will be arriving at 6:00pm. This event is expected to conclude at 8:30pm.
Note: Members and Candidates are not required to stay for the entire duration of the event.
If you have any questions concerning the event details, please contact Lexi Weber, Vice President of Technicals (email@example.com). We look forward to seeing all attending firms on the 14th for a busy and successful evening.
Below is a tentative list of the firms who will be in attendance:
Arbor Commercial Mortgage, LLC
Arcara Zucarelli Lenda & Straka CPAs
Becker Professional Education
Brock, Schechter & Polakoff LLP
Chiampou, Travis, Besaw & Kershner LLP
Dansa & D’Arata, LLP
Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)
Deloitte & Touche LLP
Drescher & Malecki LLP
Ernst & Young LLP Buffalo
Freed Maxick CPAs
Lougen, Valenti, Bookbinder & Weintraub LLP
Lumsden & McCormick LLP
M&T Bank Corporation
Marks Paneth LLP
NYS Department of Taxation and Finance
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP – Buffalo
Schunk, Wilson & Company
SurgentKolar CPA Review
Szymkowiak & Associates CPAs, PC
Tax Technologies, Inc.
Tronconi Segarra & Associates
Tips for Students:
- Bring several copies of your resume to hand out to the firms you are interested in
- Research the firms that will be in attendance and decide approximately five or six that you definitely want to meet
- Start by talking to Master’s students who interned at the firms if you feel nervous talking to professionals right away
- Take the time to discover what opportunities these firms have available for college students and its employees. Instead of asking questions that you can find answers to online, ask questions that expand on your research that will help you learn more about the company culture
- Some topics to discuss with the firms include opportunities for advancement, training programs, attributes the employer values, company wide events discovered from your research, etc.
- Relax and don’t be too nervous! This is a great opportunity to learn a lot and become informed about many different professions and service lines, as well as make many new professional connections